Custom fields are some of the most powerful tools of BeeFinity. They provide a healthy variety of options for you to store your data. In this article we will help you to get started with custom fields.
What are custom fields?
Custom fields are self-defined fields, connected to every product in your library. They even have their own tab in a product. They can contain different types of data:
- Text (single line)
- Text area (multiple lines)
- Dropdown (multiple choice)
- Date field (dd-mmm-yyyy)
- Numeric (number value)
- True / False (checkbox)
Here is a table of all the possibilities of the different types of Custom Fields:
|Possibilities||Text||Text area||Dropdown||Date field||Numeric||True / False|
|Use in filter||x||x||x|
What can I use custom fields for?
Custom fields are mainly used to store data that is not available online. This may be information that is specific to your company. For instance, as a company you can enter whether or not you have a product in stock. For that you can use a ‘True / False’ field.
How do I create my own custom fields?
You can create your own custom fields by going to Management -> Custom Fields. Over here click the-sign to create a new custom field. Choose the desired field type and configure the field to your needs. Don’t forget to add the translations, in case you want to translate your custom fields later on. After creating your custom field, it will appear in the custom fields tab.
- Check the box Filterable if you want your Custom Field to show up in the filter section of your product overview.
- Check the box Column chooser if you want your Custom Field to be selectable as a column in the table view.
- Check the box Required to make your Custom Field mandatory. This way, you never forget to fill in the field.
- Applies to all products
- Can appear in filter, regardless of the group
- You are in charge of the data type
- Data is not classified
- You will have to translate the data yourself